Saturday, February 27, 2016

Leadership


This week the lesson material was on leadership. Something that stood out to me as was “Leadership with a Small L” by Kim B. Clark. He described this as:

“…the kind of leadership that builds and lifts and inspires through kindness and love and unselfish devotion to the Lord and His work.  It is the kind of leadership that we need at every level of every kind of organization in the world and in every ward and stake in the Church.  It is the kind of leadership you will need to build an eternal family.”

I am a mother; this is by far the toughest leadership position I have ever had. I feel the obligation I have to raise my children in righteousness and to work with my husband to lead them as President Clark describes above, with kindness and love. I want to always be found leading by a good example, with a vision and leading with love. We read this article in Pathway last year but I was grateful to be able to read it again. It was a good reminder of the kind of leader my children need me to be.

Speaking of children, I have a newborn who just turned 6 weeks old. My life has changed as I am now a mother of two instead of one. I am currently a week behind my goals of inventory and launch of my business for the $100 challenge. The clock is ticking. My new more realistic goals are to complete these tasks by Wednesday of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment