Friday, February 12, 2016

The Purple Cow


This week we had to submit an elevator pitch for our business ideas. I chose to do mine on the idea I have for the $100 challenge. I have to admit this assignment was a challenge for me. I am someone who tends to get lost in the details.  I over explain things and say a lot more than I need to in order to get my point across. I had to really think about condensing what I had to say to do my elevator pitch in 60 seconds. We submitted our pitches to the class and we were able to give each other feedback before submitting it to our instructor. I found this to be one of the most time consuming discussion boards but also one of the best.
In our lesson material this week we read an article called, “In Praise of the Purple Cow” by Seth Godin. In his article he explains that a purple cow is something that stands out, something extraordinary and worth talking about and paying attention to. He gave several examples in his essay about how certain products or services stood “out from the herd”. This really made me think about my product for the $100 challenge. What can I do to make sure it stands out from items that are already out there? I am currently working on a few ideas to make my product unique and hope to create a “purple cow” myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment