Saturday, March 19, 2016

An Honest Living


This week I really enjoyed reading, “Making a Living and a Life” by Elder Lynn G. Robbins. In his talk Robbins warns us of pride just as the last couple of talks we read had done. I don’t think you can read enough about how awful pride is and how important it is to stay grounded and not give in to that sin. One of the points Robbins made in his talk that really stood out to me was in the section, “motives in the workplace”. He talks about the fact that we are not only learning how to make a living while going school at BYUI, but also that we are learning to make an honest living. Robbins said that our focus should be on what is most important to our Heavenly Father:
-       Building the kingdom, including strong and valiant families
-       Being honest in our dealings and using our God-given talents in the service of our fellow men.
-       Filling our lives with good works that positively impact our community and the world.
I know that I can keep myself in check and on the right path by regularly asking myself if I am doing these things.
Update on the $100 challenge: At this point I finally have a good pattern for a bean bag that I really like. I was going to knit seasonal bean bags but I couldn’t get my egg pattern just right and I wasn’t going to copy someone else’s. I had better luck coming up with my own unique pattern for a regular bean bag. Attached are some pictures. I really like how they turned out. Now the question is, will anyone else like them enough to make a purchase?

No comments:

Post a Comment